In an effort to eliminate chronic tardiness situations, PMA is establishing a new procedure for students who arrive late.
- A child in grades Pre-K through Grade 5 is considered tardy if he/she arrives after the set arrival time for that grade level and the class has already entered the building.
- For grades 6-8, students are considered tardy if they are not in their "houses" by 7:45. The classes begin entering the building at 7:35. Because of the short drop off time for the middle school l (7:30-7:35), some leeway has been provided for these students.
- Any student who arrives late, after his/her class has entered the building, must report to the main office on the first floor, accompanied by the parent or adult responsible for transporting him/her that morning, in order to sign in and provide the reason for the tardiness, as well as to obtain the tardy slip needed for admission into the classroom.
- Once the tardiness has been cleared at the office, the child will be allowed to join his/her class.
- Wen entering the building, adults are required to park their vehicles in the parking lot. Vehicles must never be left unattended in the traffic circle at the start or end of the school day, since this hinders the traffic flow for other families.